Welder Wildlife Foundation Headquarters Building.

Facilities

 


Foundation Headquarters

The Welder Wildlife Foundation Headquarters is located on the Welder Wildlife Refuge off HWY 77 approximately 10 miles northeast of Sinton, Texas. Most of the Headquarters complex was built in 1958. It consists of the main headquarters building, four residences, graduate student dormitory, visitors dormitory, and a rotunda that includes a dining area and complete kitchen. Educational, naturalist, agriculture-based, and natural resource professional groups are welcome use our facilities for programs and meetings. Arrangements for group visits must be scheduled through our conservation educators

The headquarters building houses the business offices, a lecture hall, museum, library, classroom, laboratory and natural history collections wing.  

The dormitory for graduate students that has eight rooms with private baths, four of which also contain kitchenettes.

The bunkhouse, or visitors dormitory, was completed in 1995. It provides sleeping accommodations for 36 people and is available for visiting groups in our education program

The rotunda includes a complete kitchen and a dining area that seats about 60 people. It is available for day use or for groups who are staying overnight in the bunkhouse.

The Cottam House, which was built for the Foundation's first director, Dr. Clarence Cottam, is now available to individuals or small groups for overnight visits to the Foundation.


Facility Use Fees